how to dismiss notifications
Just received my PineTime yesterday and am having lots of fun showing the people who work for me, my $25 dollar watch compared to their $700 apple watch.  Their expressions are priceless.  Big Grin

One thing I have not figured out is how do dismiss/delete notifications.  I thought I saw a post yesterday about it, but could not re-locate it.

All help is appreciated.

Phil

PS  Has anybody "tied" their PineTime to PinePhone running Mobian?  I currently am attached to my android phone, but would love to get it going on my PinePhone.  I have not had a lot of time to play with that yet.
it looks like dismissing notifications is a known feature request and is something you should see in a future release: https://github.com/JF002/InfiniTime/issues/176

if your watch is using infinitime firmware you can try Amazfish or Siglo. According to the github readme, both are companion apps with linux support.
(05-07-2021, 08:25 AM)tophneal Wrote: it looks like dismissing notifications is a known feature request and is something you should see in a future release: https://github.com/JF002/InfiniTime/issues/176

if your watch is using infinitime firmware you can try Amazfish or Siglo. According to the github readme, both are companion apps with linux support.
That's good information, at least I am not going crazy.

I do have it upgraded to infinitime so give it a shot over the weekend to get it attached to my pinephone.

Thanks for your help.
philusa Wrote:PS  Has anybody "tied" their PineTime to PinePhone running Mobian?  I currently am attached to my android phone, but would love to get it going on my PinePhone.  I have not had a lot of time to play with that yet.

I have on Mobian using pieced together info from the Amazfish docs, forum info, and stuff people mentioned in chat. It's a major pain to compile and install, it doesn't look correct once installed (seems like it might still be missing something), and even though I was able to successfully pair my Pinetime running Infinitime with it, the phone and Amazfish would VERY regularly drop connection to the watch and stop working.  Only way to get it working again was to go into Bluetooth settings, unpair the watch, then set it up again in Amazfish.  Honestly...it's completely unusable because of this unless you just want to play around with it for like 10 minutes before it drops connection again.

I don't see anyone else in this forum even talking about Amazfish on the Pinephone and Pinetime... It's like it's a dead topic and no one has any interest in the two devices working together.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No notifications from PinePhone Pro bent 0 927 07-27-2022, 04:28 PM
Last Post: bent
  notifications amandaoneill 1 1,636 01-14-2022, 02:34 PM
Last Post: ITCactus