Camera not recognized
I connected the camera to my Pine64, but the Android build that came in the box does not seem to recognize the camera.
Every time I start the camera app it says "Camera has stopped working" and exits.

Should I be able to see somewhere if the camera is successfully connected? I tried installing the ribbon cable both ways (lins up as well as down), in case I got it wrong the first time.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?
(06-11-2016, 09:56 PM)TexasSwede Wrote: I connected the camera to my Pine64, but the Android build that came in the box does not seem to recognize the camera.
Every time I start the camera app it says "Camera has stopped working" and exits.

Should I be able to see somewhere if the camera is successfully connected? I tried installing the ribbon cable both ways (lins up as well as down), in case I got it wrong the first time.

The camera module recognized in LCD version Android build but not on the HDMI version. This due to the HDMI camera port been occupied by UVC camera implementation. We are currently work on the front camera recognize as UVC and read camera recognize as camera module implementation. Hopefully, the build will be out on next week.
(06-12-2016, 12:16 AM)tllim Wrote:
(06-11-2016, 09:56 PM)TexasSwede Wrote: I connected the camera to my Pine64, but the Android build that came in the box does not seem to recognize the camera.

The camera module recognized in LCD version Android build but not on the HDMI version. This due to the HDMI camera port been occupied by UVC camera implementation. We are currently work on the front camera recognize as UVC and read camera recognize as camera module implementation. Hopefully, the build will be out on next week.

Thank you for that update!
Can you tell us whether the new build (with the camera fix) is out yet and if so where do we get it from?
(06-29-2016, 02:47 AM)gns23 Wrote: Can you tell us whether the new build (with the camera fix) is out yet and if so where do we get it from?

The new builds plan to released on next week. However, i need to check whether engineering team have merge the camera module and UVC camera on this build.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camera igna09 0 1,969 06-25-2016, 02:11 AM
Last Post: igna09
  Will the Raspberry Pi 2 camera work nath16 2 4,484 05-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Last Post: nath16
Question Camera / Lcd / Battery documentation soufyen 1 3,485 04-29-2016, 03:24 PM
Last Post: tllim