FydeOS for You - Pinebook Pro
Greetings from FydeOS!

We have now released the first FydeOS for You - Pinebook Pro v11.2. Inspired by the previous Chromium OS build produced by Ayufan-rock64, this has been 2 months of hard work from our dev team. Build artefacts can be found here, download links as below:

https://download.fydeos.io/FydeOS_Pinebo...1.2.img.xz
https://fydeos.cowtransfer.com/s/ee11aa4238f745

Please read the full release note and install instruction here.

For technical support, please use FydeOS Community and our Telegram Group.

Enjoy!
Nice to read that! Does it support also running from NVMe?
I tried the prerelease img, and I'm curious, in this final version is it possible to opt to use a Google account without having to have/create a Fyde account? In the prerelease image, a Fyde account was required to progress to the option to opt to not use the Fyde account for the computer. Or is this still the case?
Sad that it does not boot from USB, cause my SD card reader is broken.
(11-18-2020, 09:30 AM)tophneal Wrote: I tried the prerelease img, and I'm curious, in this final version is it possible to opt to use a Google account without having to have/create a Fyde account? In the prerelease image, a Fyde account was required to progress to the option to opt to not use the Fyde account for the computer. Or is this still the case?

Also curious about this. Great job, FydeOS team!
You need the Fyde Account, but afterwards you can say 'I prefer Google' and then you can use your regular Google account

I can't get the Play Store to work, anyone else getting that the device is not certified?
Fairly easy to solve: follow this guide and wait a while between registration and trying to log in again: https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-fi...gle-error/
(11-18-2020, 12:58 PM)brent.thierens Wrote: You need the Fyde Account, but afterwards you can say 'I prefer Google' and then you can use your regular Google account

@brent.thierens how long did you have to wait for the exemption to take? It took the next time I tried lol (~30-45m for anyone wondering)

That I'm curious about in general. @also1412 can you shed some light on why a Fyde account is required to reach the opt-for-Google option? I feel like that could easily confuse and dissuade some from using an otherwise great build. Also, I tried to log into your forums to post about my NVMe drive not being visible, and I was redirected to a basic page saying "Unauthorized."

EDIT: just installed it to my eMMC, and it doesn't see my NVMe, used as shared storage. Sad  Also, are OTA updates through this image in the future?

I've since been able to log into the Fyde forums, and have created a post concerning the missing NVMe drive there.
FydeOS for You is a commercial-grade OS produced by Fyde Innovations. Similar to any other .com companies out there, we need to know how FydeOS is performing and how it is being used. Even if you are choosing Google account as your primary account for using FydeOS, there are still many supporting cloud services provided by FydeOS' infra to ensure the OS could function smoothly, OTA updates is one of the examples. We don't want to collect necessary usage data secretly, instead, we are open to inform all FydeOS users that why and how we are doing this and we do this within the boundaries according to our privacy statement.

Also, having every user had a FydeOS account, we can be compliant with GDPR whereby users can request to delete all personal data stored in FydeOS server or request to export them in a flat file  (work-in-progress).

Lastly, FydeOS for You comes with an evaluation license that lasts for a certain period of time. When the evaluation period is about to end, users will be given the option to pay for an extended subscription to utilise undisturbed usage and frequent OTA updates tracking the upstream Chromium project. Although the subscription status is only associating with device ID, users can unlock the "Patron" badge in the FydeOS Community and are able to raise support tickets and enjoy a 24h SLA response from our dedicated support team. You'll need a FydeOS account to do all these.

I hope this justifies having a FydeOS account is not "backward thinking".
So if I'm reading this correctly, in order to have all the features we will have to pay for a license? Or does the license thing not apply to the Pinebook Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which OS can I actually run a 1080p pinebook non-pro? Scott104 1 2,666 10-09-2021, 02:47 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
Question FydeOS privacy policy? TDC_PBP 1 2,829 09-07-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: ImmyChan
  Black screen on both FydeOS as Chromium from github QuinTeknoLife 0 3,437 04-15-2021, 11:44 AM
Last Post: QuinTeknoLife
  CrOS boot from sd, now pinebook doesn't boot anymore qdoy55d9wkn8zw 7 10,772 06-22-2020, 06:23 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Does the Pinebook Pro support chromium developer mode? TDC_PBP 3 6,567 12-07-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: TDC_PBP