DHL Shipping
When I preordered a PineTab I intended to select DHL shipping, but DHL shipping did not get selected(my funble fingers). I live in the US does DHL make a big difference in delivery time and if it does can I change my shipping option?
(06-22-2020, 12:09 PM)Beattie Wrote: When I preordered a PineTab I intended to select DHL shipping, but DHL shipping did not get selected(my funble fingers). I live in the US does DHL make a big difference in delivery time and if it does can I change my shipping option?

DHL is definitely the faster delivery option. If you'd like to upgrade contact sales@pine64.org
I just had my pinebook pro delivered through DHL in Canada. They had an additional $55 in customs fees. Not a fan of paying the shipping companies for parcel hostage fees.
(06-22-2020, 02:22 PM)HeartMeeple Wrote: I just had my pinebook pro delivered through DHL in Canada. They had an additional $55 in customs fees. Not a fan of paying the shipping companies for parcel hostage fees.

Thank the Canadian government, not DHL. Those customs fees are sent to the government, not kept by DHL. They may tack on a few percent for the service, but they are not keeping the majority of the funds.
(06-22-2020, 01:20 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 12:09 PM)Beattie Wrote: When I preordered a PineTab I intended to select DHL shipping, but DHL shipping did not get selected(my funble fingers). I live in the US does DHL make a big difference in delivery time and if it does can I change my shipping option?

DHL is definitely the faster delivery option. If you'd like to upgrade contact sales@pine64.org

Tried it, got a reply back yesterday saying it wasn't possible.

>>>>>>>>
We have not open PineTab to upgrade to DHL. xxxxxx will not be available to apply to the upgrade for PineTab.

At this moment, we do not open PineTab upgrade option.

Thank you for your understanding.
<<<<<<<<
(06-29-2020, 03:50 PM)jazzmans Wrote:
(06-22-2020, 01:20 PM)tophneal Wrote:

Tried it,  got a reply back yesterday saying it wasn't possible.

>>>>>>>>
We have not open PineTab to upgrade to DHL. xxxxxx will not be available to apply to the upgrade for PineTab.

At this moment, we do not open PineTab upgrade option.

Thank you for your understanding.
<<<<<<<<

I had the same results.   Hopefully they will offer a shipping upgrade option as the ship day grows nearer....
Thank the Canadian government, not DHL. Those customs fees are sent to the government, not kept by DHL. They may tack on a few percent for the service, but they are not keeping the majority of the funds.
[/quote]

I have repeat ordered specialized sporting goods products from a US seller. Whenever the shipment is sent USPS ground to Canada Post there are no fees. Yet when the shipment comes across the border with DHL/FedEx/UPS there are fees. I find it hard to point the finger at the Canadian government because the crown corporation which is publicly owned doesn't add any fees but the private shipping companies do.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pinetab-V shipping Status? jfstepha 6 2,187 07-12-2023, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ChromaticHamster
  PineTab2 shipping GloriousCoffee 17 4,353 06-05-2023, 02:49 PM
Last Post: israel
  Dimensions of pinetab shipping box help? geeksville 2 3,849 09-30-2020, 06:18 PM
Last Post: geeksville
Thumbs Down still no shipping info Bragi 5 6,892 09-21-2020, 03:35 PM
Last Post: tllim
  PineTab for Sale (Free shipping within Germany) Ktaadn 4 5,488 09-15-2020, 04:53 AM
Last Post: Ktaadn
Question Early Adopter shipping date lennie 43 44,298 09-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Last Post: Ktaadn
Question shipping to germany rakor 5 7,812 07-29-2020, 11:14 PM
Last Post: tllim