PINE64
An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+--- Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Thread: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro (/showthread.php?tid=8487)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - Andrewjneumann - 01-21-2020

This is awesome and so far working great with LUKS!  Thank you!

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - danielt - 01-22-2020

(01-21-2020, 10:12 PM)sharp Wrote: I made a small script to install Bluetooth and brightness key tweaks over top a fresh Debian install. Hopefully I can add more as fixes for other things which are not suitable for the installer become available.

https://gitlab.com/sharph/pinebook-pro-debian-post-install-script

Looks like the script is capturing some useful knowledge. However I should be clear that I don't view anything currently in your script as unsuitable for inclusion in the installer. Quite the opposite! I'd really like to encourage pull requests to introduce them.

Actually since I'm actively encouraging contributions via pull requests I'd also mention that I have recently added a simple CREDITS.md, don't be shy about updating it if you make any contributions.

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - sharp - 01-22-2020

(01-22-2020, 02:53 AM)danielt Wrote: Looks like the script is capturing some useful knowledge. However I should be clear that I don't view anything currently in your script as unsuitable for inclusion in the installer. Quite the opposite! I'd really like to encourage pull requests to introduce them.

Actually since I'm actively encouraging contributions via pull requests I'd also mention that I have recently added a simple CREDITS.md, don't be shy about updating it if you make any contributions.

Oh awesome! I'll try to build those tweaks into your installer later today.

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - bsammon - 01-22-2020

So... when I try to run the installer I get:

Code:
# ./install-debian

>>>> Preparing to install

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

So... apparently going to github and doing the "download zip" thing is the wrong way to get this.  If this is as it should be, it would be a good idea to update the instructions to mention so.

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - xmixahlx - 01-23-2020

you need to checkout with git due to submodules in the installer

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - Jeremiah Cornelius - 01-24-2020

I just ran an apt upgrade on my Debian with armhf userspace, and it wants to update initramfs after updating cryptsetup-bin and cryptsetup-initramfs.
This hangs, without completing.
From /var/log/apt/history..log :

Setting up initramfs-tools (0.136) ...
update-initramfs: deferring update (trigger activated)
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.136) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-5.4.2-2-pinebookpro-arm64

I have to kill this and clear the dpkg lockfiles, but a 'dpkg --configure -a' continues hanging at the same point. Yes, there's plenty of free space on /boot, and it's mounted rw.

Could this be because it's mixing armhf binaries with a arm64 kernel? Seems unlikely - but your own original is all arm64-native, so I wonder...

Are there suggested fixes, if I need a 64-bit cryptsetup-initramfs?

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - jpakkane - 01-24-2020

Installing firefox-esr as arhmf works, but when trying to watch Youtube videos it immediately crashes. Sad

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - Jeremiah Cornelius - 01-24-2020

(01-24-2020, 04:48 PM)jpakkane Wrote: Installing firefox-esr as arhmf works, but when trying to watch Youtube videos it immediately crashes. Sad

I have been told that installing firefox from unstable fixes many crashes, but I don't know about this one in particular.

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - jpakkane - 01-25-2020

Further testing revealed that is also crashes when listening to a podcast. Seems to be audio related.

RE: An unofficial Debian Installer for Pinebook Pro - moonwalkers - 01-25-2020

First, thanks for the installer script - works beautifully, even if more customization would be desired (but then I'm still a noob when it comes to ARM-based systems).

Second, I have a problem I haven't yet found solution to - with Debian Sid I keep getting crashes in rockchip_dri.so. I assume that's Mesa bug? Or maybe I'm missing some extra package, maybe some other firmware besides firmware-misc-nonfree?