PINE64
adb access? or root to writable system? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PINE A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Android on Pine A64(+) (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: adb access? or root to writable system? (/showthread.php?tid=841)

Pages: 1 2

adb access? or root to writable system? - chrwei - 04-28-2016

I have a kl file I'd like to install for a joystick, but the typical install instructions say to use USB and ADB, but that won't work since the USB port is power only.

I also don't see any options for ADB in the settings, or any developer or debug settings.  what can I do to get this installed?

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - tllim - 04-29-2016

(04-28-2016, 07:45 PM)chrwei Wrote: I have a kl file I'd like to install for a joystick, but the typical install instructions say to use USB and ADB, but that won't work since the USB port is power only.

I also don't see any options for ADB in the settings, or any developer or debug settings.  what can I do to get this installed?

The upper USB port can be configured as OTG when in debug mode.

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - chrwei - 04-29-2016

a forum and wiki search didn't seem to turn up anything useful for "debug", and as i said I don't see it in the settings, how do I enable that?

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - Skivholme - 04-29-2016

If you have the device connected to your network you can use adb over network ?

adb connect xx.xx.xx.xx

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - chrwei - 04-29-2016

it does not respond to adb connect. where's the developer options to enable that?

I remembered on my phone I had to click a thing in about a bunch to get dev options, that worked, but adb connect still doesn't. does that means I have to find an A-A usb cable? I'm not sure what "upper usb port" means otherwise.

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - hyperlogos - 04-29-2016

You can use ADB locally if you install a terminal. then just run "adb shell" to get root

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - JulianM - 04-30-2016

Settings => About device (or phone) => Click 7 times on "Build Number" => Developer Options are now available!
Go back and click on "Developer tools/options" and activate "USB debugging".

Good luck!

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - chrwei - 04-30-2016

adb shell responds:

* daemon not running.  starting it now on port 5038 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

and returns to the same prompt and the filesystem is still read only.  there is "1|" at the beginning of the prompt but it seems that because of the error.  any successful command it goes away, and any erroring command it comes back.

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - hyperlogos - 04-30-2016

huh, worked fine here. anyway there is a new build with supersu now

RE: adb access? or root to writable system? - chrwei - 05-02-2016

this actually on remixOS. the normal android build felt like trying to view a phone sideways on my TV, not pleasant. I don't mean it was rotated wrong, just the soft-buttons took up too much screen real estate, and it's made for touch-only which is weird with a KB+mouse.

I might give the normal another shot.