PINE64
New to Pine64 - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: General (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Getting Started (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: New to Pine64 (/showthread.php?tid=3213)

New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-04-2017

I originally ordered a Banana Pi and received a DOA. I then purchased the Pine64. only took 2 days to door, gave me enough to re-burn my micro SD so I would be ready. Literally 3 min's to hook up and boot to ubuntu. Blue tooth broken and kodi was unuseable, so I downloaded RemixOS and love it. works great 10X better. Is for an SunBrite outdoor TV on our Lanai.

RE: New to Pine64 - Ghost - 02-04-2017

Glad to hear you found a working configuration that suits you. If you want any help, drop by the forums again.

RE: New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-04-2017

I am still setting up and testing, ordering finishing parts like Ipex to SMA bulkhead cable and such. I am having an issue in chrome browser, My vision has faded over the years and I prefer larger text and pictures, So I use the "Ctrl" + "+" to increase the size, everything seems pined to the right side and before I even get enlarged to confortable size, has already run off the screen, leaving large area of browser fixed on blank part of screen. is there any fixes, I am a linux user of 20 plus years, android desktop is new to me.

RE: New to Pine64 - Ghost - 02-07-2017

(02-04-2017, 09:33 PM)Logan5 Wrote: I am still setting up and testing, ordering finishing parts like Ipex to SMA bulkhead cable and such. I am having an issue in chrome browser, My vision has faded over the years and I prefer larger text and pictures, So I use the "Ctrl" + "+" to increase the size, everything seems pined to the right side and before I even get enlarged to confortable size, has already run off the screen, leaving large area of browser fixed on blank part of screen. is there any fixes, I am a linux user of 20 plus years, android desktop is new to me.

In testing this, I think I see what you mean. The text should align to the left, but when using Ctrl + I ended up with text aligned centrally, so I had to scroll both left and right to read it all (instead of just to the right).

Haven't found a solution to this yet. I thought increasing text size and forcing double tap to zoom in Chrome browser settings would help, but the text remains the same size...

RE: New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-07-2017

(02-07-2017, 02:00 AM)Ghost Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 09:33 PM)Logan5 Wrote: I am still setting up and testing, ordering finishing parts like Ipex to SMA bulkhead cable and such. I am having an issue in chrome browser, My vision has faded over the years and I prefer larger text and pictures, So I use the "Ctrl" + "+" to increase the size, everything seems pined to the right side and before I even get enlarged to confortable size, has already run off the screen, leaving large area of browser fixed on blank part of screen. is there any fixes, I am a linux user of 20 plus years, android desktop is new to me.

In testing this, I think I see what you mean. The text should align to the left, but when using Ctrl + I ended up with text aligned centrally, so I had to scroll both left and right to read it all (instead of just to the right).

Haven't found a solution to this yet. I thought increasing text size and forcing double tap to zoom in Chrome browser settings would help, but the text remains the same size...

yes, but I am not even getting the ability to scroll left or right to recenter my content. I have since removed the unit from the Sunbrite TV compartment and returned it to my bench top, easier to add apps and continue setting it up. I can forgo Kodi for now. as my original intended purpose is for periodic e-mail checking and Ebay from my outdoor screen I would need to be able to adjust text and image size. I am also not able to scale resolution down to 720, for larger text and Images, this could be a work around. I wish to test another android distro next to this, any recommendation? I have another micro SD that had Ubuntu on it and it booted. It is a 128gb sandisk. I have been unable to install android 6 or 7 on it, just get an amber screen. Your direction is greatly appreciated.

RE: New to Pine64 - Ghost - 02-07-2017

I would suggest ayufan's Android 6.0 or Android 7.0 image. Are these the ones you have had difficulty getting onto microSD? What method are you using to burn the images? As far as I know, both ayufan's images allow manual resolution selection, which might help in this instance...

Edit: furthermore, please see this thread regarding getting an orange screen with Android images. Seems to be an HDMI port issue a software issue...

RE: New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-11-2017

sorry for the delay, Yes, I tried both on my sandisk. My samsung EVO SD has Remix OS and boots fine minus the few issues.. I started reading orange screen thread, then got diverted. Planning to procure another Samsung EVO SD so as to eliminate off brand as an issue. I can not decide if I am glad the Banana Pi was a DOA or if I may end up happy with the Pine64. Am I missing anything?

RE: New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-12-2017

I went to Office Depot and Bestbuy today, only lexar and sandisk. looks like an Ebay purchase. Just going to get another 32gb to keep things simple.

RE: New to Pine64 - Ghost - 02-12-2017

Let us know how it goes.

RE: New to Pine64 - Logan5 - 02-16-2017

Sunday I ordered a 32gb microSD on E-bay from a seller in my same city, expecting it the next day. Well it's Thursday and just got shipping confirmation dated yesterday. still no track to confirm it's actually in the shippers hands. May not see it till Monday next week. "legendary-store and LegendMicro"