PINE64
PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTab (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTab (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+--- Thread: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers (/showthread.php?tid=18370)

PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - clemfandango - 06-14-2023

Hello! I'm having a bug with the PineTab2 virtual keyboard (Maliit) with two different Flathub packages (ungoogled-chromium and Xlog).

When I press a number with the virtual keyboard, the "shift" version of that number is actually entered into the UI. For example, when pressing 3, # is entered, or 4, $ is entered, etc.

I've left the state of the PineTab2 largely unchanged since receiving it — no major OS changes, etc.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this? If yes, where's the correct place to report this bug? Thanks!

RE: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - docfufu - 06-14-2023

I have the same problem with the vitual keyboard

RE: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - Surehand53 - 06-15-2023

(06-14-2023, 07:14 AM)clemfandango Wrote: Hello! I'm having a bug with the PineTab2 virtual keyboard (Maliit) with two different Flathub packages (ungoogled-chromium and Xlog).

When I press a number with the virtual keyboard, the "shift" version of that number is actually entered into the UI. For example, when pressing 3, # is entered, or 4, $ is entered, etc.

I've left the state of the PineTab2 largely unchanged since receiving it — no major OS changes, etc.

Is anyone else able to reproduce this? If yes, where's the correct place to report this bug? Thanks!

I have the same for Firefox. Installed with pacman, not flatpak. Also I am using Plasma Mobile, not sure if that is relevant.

RE: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - Surehand53 - 06-20-2023

(06-15-2023, 10:01 AM)Surehand53 Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 07:14 AM)clemfandango Wrote: Hello! I'm having a bug with the PineTab2 virtual keyboard (Maliit) with two different Flathub packages (ungoogled-chromium and Xlog).

I have the same for Firefox. Installed with pacman, not flatpak. Also I am using Plasma Mobile, not sure if that is relevant.

I have the suspicion now that it might be that the affected apps run X11 instead of Wayland?

i have set one parameter to start Firefox in Wayland mode and the keyboard issue as well some other niggles disappeared. Still no idea how to fix the other apps, but it might be worth investigating.

RE: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - docfufu - 06-20-2023

(06-20-2023, 06:35 AM)Surehand53 Wrote:
(06-15-2023, 10:01 AM)Surehand53 Wrote:

I have the suspicion now that it might be that the affected apps run X11 instead of Wayland?

i have set one parameter to start Firefox in Wayland mode and the keyboard issue as well some other niggles disappeared. Still no idea how to fix the other apps, but it might be worth investigating.

Great information, switched chromium and Firefox to Wayland mode and and it worked like a charm

RE: PineTab2 virtual keyboard: symbols instead of numbers - mtomaschett - 07-12-2023

I am using Brave browser; Wayland flag worked great for a while. Problem seems to be back with Brave v1.52.130.

Suggestions?