PINE64
Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card (/showthread.php?tid=17640)

Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card - _radv_ - 11-22-2022

I put a new MicroSD cad (class 10, 32GB bought from Pine64 a few days after i bought the phone) into the Pine Phone, executed lsblk and fdisk -l and the card isn't showing up.  The results list only mmcblk2 and zram partitions.  There should be mmcblk0.
Any response is appreciated.

RE: Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card - mikehenson - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 04:52 AM)_radv_ Wrote: I put a new MicroSD cad (class 10, 32GB bought from Pine64 a few days after i bought the phone) into the Pine Phone, executed lsblk and fdisk -l and the card isn't showing up.  The results list only mmcblk2 and zram partitions.  There should be mmcblk0.

Did you mount the SD card? 

What OS are you using?

RE: Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card - mark1250 - 11-22-2022

(11-22-2022, 04:52 AM)_radv_ Wrote: I put a new MicroSD cad (class 10, 32GB bought from Pine64 a few days after i bought the phone) into the Pine Phone, executed lsblk and fdisk -l and the card isn't showing up.  The results list only mmcblk2 and zram partitions.  There should be mmcblk0.
Things I would try:
  • Try re-seating the SD card in the slot. Make sure it goes all the way in and you have it in the correct slot (the upper slot - NOT the lower SIM slot), and you have it oriented with the contacts facing down.
  • Is this the only SD card you have? Could you try a different card to see if it's the card or the phone?
  • Do you have an SD card adapter/reader that you could plug into a computer to see if it shows up?
  • With the back off the phone, insert the SD card into the slot, but don't push it in all of the way. Insert the battery. Power on the phone. Open a terminal. Check dmesg as you push the SD card fully into the slot (use dmesg -w)

Other details that could be helpful:
  • You haven't told us if this is an Original Generation Pinephone or a Pinephone Pro
  • You haven't told us what distribution (arch, mobian, ubports....) you are using.
  • You haven't told us what desktop environment (phosh, plasma mobile, sxmo...) you are using

RE: Pine Phone Doesn't Recognize New MicroSD Card - _radv_ - 11-23-2022

@mark1250 and anyone else,
It's an original generation (but new to me) with the original software: Pine64 Pine Phone 1.2, Linux version 5.11.3-1-MANJARO-ARM.
wget output implies "error 22 whilst initalising SDIO card" and "sunxi-mmc 1c0f000.mmc: no support for cards volts".

I noticed: when I took the sd card out to run wget the devise stalled when booting. I had to do a hard reset and then turn it on again.
Also, yesterday, when I turned it on with the SD card inserted the first time the time was wrong on the screen for a giid 5seconds.

I had tried a different SD card a few days ago. It worked, poorly, at first, and then stopped completely to the point I'm at now.