PINE64
pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+--- Thread: pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian (/showthread.php?tid=17178)

pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - fhireman - 08-19-2022

Hi everyone,

I've been casually using my PinePhone Mobian community edition for the past year and a half or so and love the progress that's being made on mobile Linux.

Yesterday I've installed some updates but I've noticed a package got held back, specifically the pinephone-support package.
Trying to apt install this single package gives me a warning that it can't be installed because "the following packages have unmet dependencies: pinephone-support: Depends: firmware-realtek-rtl8723cs-bt but it is not installable, unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.".

I never ran into this before (plus the updates also uninstalled my gnome-software store + gnome-software-flatpak-plugin and settings application) and am kind of at a loss how to solve it since the package can't be found or upgraded. It seems kind of essential?

Did anyone else run into a comparable situation?

Thanks in advance!

RE: pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - AnAbolitionist - 09-18-2022

yes I have ran into this problem, not sure if mobian support has gone belly up, last weekly build is 2022-08-21. I have been surviving with apt update, apt upgrade, apt dist-upgrade. There always seems to be some packages left behind, don't do apt auto-remove those packages are important. Had to go back to a weekly build to get the packages back.

RE: pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - dante404 - 09-23-2022

(09-18-2022, 05:42 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: There always seems to be some packages left behind, don't do apt auto-remove those packages are important.

Just a question: What packages do you mean exactly? Huh
I do auto-remove regulary since I use Mobian, and it never caused problems (I did it NOT during the dependency problems which removed settings-app of course, but when my Mobian was "OK" before auto-remove -> It was also "OK" afterwards).

RE: pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - AnAbolitionist - 09-23-2022

(09-23-2022, 05:10 AM)dante404 Wrote:
(09-18-2022, 05:42 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: There always seems to be some packages left behind, don't do apt auto-remove those packages are important.

Just a question: What packages do you mean exactly? Huh
I do auto-remove regulary since I use Mobian, and it never caused problems (I did it NOT during the dependency problems which removed settings-app of course, but when my Mobian was "OK" before auto-remove -> It was also "OK" afterwards).

My concern was as you stated, when it doesn't upgrade cleanly, don't auto-remove it wipes out useful applications off the desktop.

RE: pinephone-support package not upgradable on Mobian - dante404 - 09-24-2022

(09-23-2022, 07:09 PM)AnAbolitionist Wrote: My concern was as you stated, when it doesn't upgrade cleanly, don't auto-remove it wipes out useful applications off the desktop.

OK, then I just misundestood. Cool
Thanks for clarification!