PINE64
PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50% - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=178)
+--- Thread: PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50% (/showthread.php?tid=16557)

PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50% - wilsonjholmes - 04-25-2022

Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.

RE: PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50% - magdesign - 04-27-2022

(04-25-2022, 05:34 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.

Yes indeed, when going with the volume higher than 50%, the audioplayback starts to stutter.
But it has nothing to do with the speaker, since this also happens when headphones are connected...

RE: PPP (Manjaro/Phosh) lags when speaker above 50% - wilsonjholmes - 04-27-2022

(04-27-2022, 02:03 AM)magdesign Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 05:34 PM)wilsonjholmes Wrote: Was trying to use Spot to listen to my music, and for the longest time I thought there was some sort of driver issue... Wasn't really sure, but the audio would get really choppy and laggy whenever I tried to play on the speaker, so I just assumed that something (library, pipewire, IDK...) was broke, but the choppiness seemed to by a CPU thing, so I got the serendipitous idea to check it at low volume, and what do ya know, it works great! So I am not sure if there are still fixes for this coming down the pipe, but to anyone who might be in my position and think it is broke, it isn't! Just the speaker seemingly draws too much current from the CPU.

Yes indeed, when going with the volume higher than 50%, the audioplayback starts to stutter.
But it has nothing to do with the speaker, since this also happens when headphones are connected...

Hmm... Good to know, though I thought in a previous time I put volume at, or near, full (with headphones) and had no issues, so it may be a new problem?