PINE64
Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone Pro (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=177)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Pro Software (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+--- Thread: Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable (/showthread.php?tid=15696)

Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable - iwm - 01-05-2022

Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  
Seems to have a lot of echos and the sound of running water.  

The other interface (without speaker) works fine but still cuts out occasionally.

RE: Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable - bcnaz - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 01:32 PM)iwm Wrote: Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  

The other interface (without speaker) works fine but still cuts out occasionally.

I turned down the microphone amplification in the sound settings,  that has reduced the feedback.

The only "Problem"  I have had,  is that I have run the battery dead a few times while on a call...

but with a spare battery or a charger, I have been able to resume those calls.

I am quite Lucky to have multiple Pinephones,  
.....on my "Daily Driver" Pinephone,  I have only added 'disks' and 'Modem Manager GUI' apps.
... that phone has been Very Dependable.  (using Mobian/Bookworm)

I do add stuff to my  "Test phones"   but that is when I see stuff "Break"....
As these are beta phones and beta operating systems, that is to be expected,   ...  is it Not  ?  ?

Perhaps everyone should have two Pinephones,   one to play with,   and one that just works. ?

RE: Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable - iwm - 01-05-2022

(01-05-2022, 05:58 PM)bcnaz Wrote:
(01-05-2022, 01:32 PM)iwm Wrote: Been having problems with the PPP and the PP speaker for phone call.  

I turned down the microphone amplification in the sound settings,  that has reduced the feedback.

The only "Problem"  I have had,  is that I have run the battery dead a few times while on a call...

but with a spare battery or a charger, I have been able to resume those calls.

I am quite Lucky to have multiple Pinephones,  
.....on my "Daily Driver" Pinephone,  I have only added 'disks' and 'Modem Manager GUI' apps.
... that phone has been Very Dependable.  (using Mobian/Bookworm)

I do add stuff to my  "Test phones"   but that is when I see stuff "Break"....
As these are beta phones and beta operating systems, that is to be expected,   ...  is it Not  ?  ?

Perhaps everyone should have two Pinephones,   one to play with,   and one that just works. ?

Agreed!  This depend on how many distros are being tested.

RE: Still having problems w. Calls app - Speaker Phone not usable - bcnaz - 01-06-2022

with Mobian, I use one test phone AND my daily driver, -- but for the rest I normally only use one test phone to test for function.

It can be useful to have multiple Pinephones when comparing OSes head to head & side by side.

Or perhaps comparing the same OS, but one with a new app. and one without the new app. ?