PINE64
Pine phone keyboard ? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Accessories (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=123)
+--- Thread: Pine phone keyboard ? (/showthread.php?tid=14789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - Merc - 11-13-2021

They keyboard is already available to PinePhone Pro buyers. I see plenty of tweets about it. We already know the keyboard has been finalized, now they're literally just picking favorites. Why pretend the keyboard was made for the PinePhone when in reality is was made for the PinePhone Pro, and wasn't going to be realeased until the PinePhone became obsolete? Oh I know why, to string people along to continue to purchase the PinePhone. Clever.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 11-13-2021

@CharlieGordon

You must have the Developers approval code to purchase the Pinephone Pro in that article.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - beta-user - 11-13-2021

(11-13-2021, 05:58 PM)Merc Wrote: They keyboard is already available to PinePhone Pro buyers. I see plenty of tweets about it. We already know the keyboard has been finalized, now they're literally just picking favorites. Why pretend the keyboard was made for the PinePhone when in reality is was made for the PinePhone Pro, and wasn't going to be realeased until the PinePhone became obsolete? Oh I know why, to string people along to continue to purchase the PinePhone. Clever.

The keyboard is supposed to work with both phones. PinePhone Pro is only available for developers right now and we know that some of them got the keyboard for testing. They tested it on regular PinePhone, since Pro version wasn't even announced back then.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 11-13-2021

From what I have read, the current keyboard is the third revision...

So while I can hardly wait to get one, I hope they are consumer ready when they do appear in the store.

It is Good to hear they are "Testing" them !

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - Zebulon Walton - 11-13-2021

As has been noted the keyboard will work with both the original Pinephone and the Pro. I don't think Pine64 is picking favorites, they're having developers make whatever software changes are needed on the phones and shake out (hopefully) any major bugs. Given the price difference, the Pinephone Pro is really aimed at a different market than the original. Though the performance improvements would be nice it would be a lot tougher to spend $400 on a phone than $150 or $200.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - nontrivial - 11-14-2021

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the Pine Phone for a while but the keyboard pushed me over the edge for wanting to pull the trigger and buy one. I am checking the store every few days hoping it has showed up, so I just wish there was some sort of notification you could sign up for when a particular product was in stock and available in the store.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - CharlieGordon - 11-14-2021

(11-13-2021, 06:32 PM)bcnaz Wrote: You must have the Developers approval code to purchase the Pinephone Pro in that article.

Somehow expecting something like that I tried if I could put it in my cart and that worked without a problem. I didn't go beyond that, because I don't really want a PPP, but if there is a requirement for a code it must be at a later stage.

Are you sure that a code is still required?

According to the current blog post codes are still required.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - ragreenburg - 11-15-2021

RIP, keyboard got pushed back to next month. Super frustrating since this was supposed to release like 3 months ago.

(11-14-2021, 07:39 AM)nontrivial Wrote: Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following the Pine Phone for a while but the keyboard pushed me over the edge for wanting to pull the trigger and buy one. I am checking the store every few days hoping it has showed up, so I just wish there was some sort of notification you could sign up for when a particular product was in stock and available in the store.

You will sadly have to wait until next month as it got pushed back again.

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - bcnaz - 12-05-2021

Perhaps they will release the keyboard about the time the next Monthly update comes out December 15th ?

Last chance for it to be released "This Year".

RE: Pine phone keyboard ? - dachalife - 12-07-2021

I’m glad they are taking the time to test it out and make refinements before taking anyone’s money; I'd rather have a decent product than something rushed.