PINE64
Battery life experiences? - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PineTab (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=140)
+--- Forum: General Discussion on PineTab (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+--- Thread: Battery life experiences? (/showthread.php?tid=11464)

Battery life experiences? - pjsf - 09-15-2020

Might be of interest to some people so:
Mobian - incredible, I went away for a day and a half with mobian left sleeping from full charge (but not plugged in), when I came back (about 38 hours later) it was on 73%! it seems to have been a real 73 percent as I used it for two more hours (including video tests) and in the morning it still had around 26%. 
UBPorts - not so great, just left it switched on (sleeping but not charging ) from at least 60% and it was empty by the morning.
Arch with plasma - unusual, didn't do any timings because plasma works like a desktop, so you put it into sleep mode manually, I imagine it would be rather  like manjaro on the pbp, will try an overnight test soon.

This may not be an issue with UBPorts - I may have rebooted Mobian between testing video and putting it to sleep, I've noticed that sometimes UBPorts seems to "stay awake" after heavy usage. i.e. slow discharge curve to start with steep while using youtube, then it stays steep afterwards while "switched off". I'll test to see if this happens on mobian when It's had a full recharge.

RE: Battery life experiences? - guenther - 09-16-2020

How did you put the Pinetab into sleep on Mobian? Logged off my tab went from 95% to 20% over night.

RE: Battery life experiences? - pjsf - 09-16-2020

(09-16-2020, 02:58 AM)guenther Wrote: How did you put the Pinetab into sleep on Mobian? Logged off my tab went from 95% to 20% over night.
Nothing special but I'm really careful about making sure the keyboard light is off before pressing the power key, same usage again overnight yesterday on mobian,15 -20 % max. If I don't switch off the keyboard the tab seems to wake up occasionally.

As another point, I'm also a really frequent updater, and I started out with mobian-pinetab-20200910.img.

It's really sipping power it was 73% this morning when I woke up, I used it for about fourty minutes, then when I reopened it just now (4.5 - 5 hours later it was still at 65%.

RE: Battery life experiences? - guenther - 09-17-2020

Sorry, I don't get it. Do you lock the screen by pressing the power button briefly (or tab "Lock Screen" in power menu upper right corner) or power off by pressing the power button several seconds (or tab "Power off")?

RE: Battery life experiences? - pjsf - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 01:57 AM)guenther Wrote: Sorry, I don't get it. Do you lock the screen by pressing the power button briefly (or tab "Lock Screen" in power menu upper right corner) or power off by pressing the power button several seconds (or tab "Power off")?
just a dab on the power button (not poweroff)

RE: Battery life experiences? - bcnaz - 09-17-2020

The same as turning off your Pine phone screen ?

RE: Battery life experiences? - guenther - 09-17-2020

(09-17-2020, 03:04 AM)pjsf Wrote: just a dab on the power button (not poweroff)

Thank You, I think the mystery is solved. I played with the settings and did some current measurements with different power supplies and therefore I disabled the "Automatic suspend" and forgot about that! I will test over night but it seems to be OK now.

And because of your post I know now how to disable the backlit....thanks again :-)

PS: Sent from my desktop because my PineTab always crashes when I try to write a reply in the forum. @&%Q$!!