PINE64
PP CE gets hot while charging - Printable Version

+- PINE64 (https://forum.pine64.org)
+-- Forum: PinePhone (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: PinePhone Hardware (https://forum.pine64.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: PP CE gets hot while charging (/showthread.php?tid=11155)

Pages: 1 2

PP CE gets hot while charging - wasgurd - 08-26-2020

My PP CE reaches about 60 degree while charging. I use there Mobian.

Does somebody else have this issue?

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - FOSSagent0 - 08-27-2020

(08-26-2020, 07:40 PM)wasgurd Wrote: My PP CE reaches about 60 degree while charging. I use there Mobian.

Does somebody else have this issue?
I have noticed that with both UBports and Mobian that the pinephone gets almost hot to the touch. Its gets hot to a point where its concerning. When you said degrees do you mean celsius? Anyone here know why its a hardware or software issue? I do get worried about my device that it will overheat, its a UBports Community Edition phone.

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - wasgurd - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 05:07 PM)FOSSagent0 Wrote: When you said degrees do you mean celsius?

Yes, about 60 degree on the Celsius scale.

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - hiimtye - 08-27-2020

UBPorts gets warm when on the fast charger

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - wasgurd - 08-27-2020

(08-27-2020, 08:46 PM)hiimtye Wrote: UBPorts gets warm when on the fast charger

Is there any way to manage it by software?

It seems like I've got only fast chargers.

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - bcnaz - 08-28-2020

I believe it is software, it seems to be improving (cooler) as the software progresses.

However every cell phone I have used does get very warm with continued use.

After an hour or more of just talking they are quite uncomfortable against the face.

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - pfeerick - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:08 AM)bcnaz Wrote: After an hour or more of just talking they are quite uncomfortable against the face.

That 'just talking' would probably be the cellular modem continuously transmitting/receiving, rather than periodically polling the cell towers for new messages, incoming calls, etc. Which I have also noticed, even with fairly recent non-smartphone mobiles. I would also rather not know how much they've irradiated my skull in the process. Speakerphone / headsets were a great invention Wink

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - wasgurd - 08-28-2020

(08-28-2020, 04:15 AM)pfeeric Wrote: That 'just talking' would probably be the cellular modem continuously transmitting/receiving, rather than periodically polling the cell towers for new messages, incoming calls, etc. Which I have also noticed, even with fairly recent non-smartphone mobiles. I would also rather not know how much they've irradiated my skull in the process. Speakerphone / headsets were a great invention Wink

Actually, when I am talking the modem burns my ear even after couple of seconds of call.

If I start YouTube, it gets 75 ÂșC.

.png   my_screenshot.png (Size: 75.02 KB / Downloads: 397)

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - hiimtye - 08-28-2020

yeah, and since there's no working native streaming apps, YouTube performs worse than my 5 year old ZTE phone which isn't even middle of the line for the time it came out.

RE: PP CE gets hot while charging - bcnaz - 08-29-2020

I found turning off Bluetooth and wifi while charging greatly reduces the heat while charging.

Brave Heart running Mobian on sd card... August 29 nightly release.