Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 28,101
» Latest member: rebelssasha
» Forum threads: 15,677
» Forum posts: 114,531

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Power off error message
Forum: PineTab Software
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Today, 09:41 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
Helpful setup summaries
Forum: General Discussion on PineTab
Last Post: stefan_hdb
Today, 08:45 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 140
pine vacuum cleaner and d...
Forum: General
Last Post: Luishayes74
Today, 01:24 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 601
Can Pinecil Read USB-C Ca...
Forum: General Discussion on Pinecil
Last Post: Garywoo
Yesterday, 01:48 PM
» Views: 17
[Star64] Help needed in u...
Forum: Getting Started
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
» Views: 45
Need help in understandin...
Forum: General
Last Post: InterestedinFOSS
Yesterday, 10:37 AM
» Views: 40
Slarm64 on PinePhone [Uno...
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: donchurch
Yesterday, 10:29 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 24,985
New Hardware
Forum: Pinebook Pro Hardware and Accessories
Last Post: dachalife
Yesterday, 08:41 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 102
bookworm vs trixie discus...
Forum: PinePhone Pro Software
Last Post: mburns
Yesterday, 07:34 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 1,781
PinePhone app development
Forum: PinePhone Software
Last Post: Jonnyc
Yesterday, 05:19 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 3,900

Firefox browser tweaks
Posted by: biketool - 03-06-2022, 10:51 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (4)

I am assuming it takes some about:config toggles I was not able to find in the tin mobile UI to get a clickable link in the Mobian Firefox mobile UI for saved bookmarks.
I will post the answer to the wiki as this is core function especially mobile https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=firefox-esr
any other tweaks would be appreciated which made your experience better including useful low CPU plugins.

Apps and SD Card
Posted by: biketool - 03-06-2022, 07:37 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - Replies (2)

I have noticed that most apps have a real difficulty using the SD card mounted in /media; as in they do not always have the ability to even browse but expect all media it will be playing and organizing to be stored in a default music or video directory in /home.
I think most users will be storing most multimedia on a SD card yet the only way to get for example Lolypop(music player) is to launch it from the command line with the SD directory holding my music.  Similar problems with Totem made worse by the absolutely minimal video codec support.
On desktop Linux I have options to choose apps like Audacious and VLC which are happy to let me manage my media rather than taking over organization with no other options when I just want playback.

Mobile case wanted - with wireless charging!
Posted by: thorensjubilee - 03-06-2022, 05:31 AM - Forum: General Discussion on PinePhone - Replies (4)

Hello everybody,

I want to get a case for my pine phone and I'm not sure where to get it. I want to get something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hianjoo-Compati...C80&sr=1-9

My pine phone has the replacement wireless charging mode on the back which makes for a deeper phone. What should I go for? Can anybody help, please? I'm in the UK.

Chris

Call and sms out work only shortly after answering a call
Posted by: altor - 03-06-2022, 04:34 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (1)

Hello,
I have a very strange bug.
On mobian and manjaro updated, SMS/MMS/call in and data works very well.
But SMS/MMS and call out work only in the 5seconde after I hung up an incoming phone.

When I look to the modem log, I saw that the last commande is "Executed soft sleep sequence". It's like it didn't wake up.

When I try to send an sms with nmcli, I have a WmsMessageDeliveryFailure error (don't know how to copy/past the terminal).

Is it the right place to ask ?

Problems installing/ booting a different Linux on PinebookPro
Posted by: v-man - 03-06-2022, 04:30 AM - Forum: Linux on Pinebook Pro - Replies (3)

Hello community,

currently I'm using Armbian (Debian/ Bullseye) on my PinebookPro and I've been pretty ok with it. Yes, it is slow, and yes, internal speakers are terrible, and true, suspend does not work (in a usable fashion that's not quickly draining the battery), and well, occasionally the screen just stays blank when trying to boot... but the device is light and quiet.

But since I read on this forum that "my" Armbian was not supported anymore, and also hoping I'd get a U-Boot version with graphical output, I tried to install a different Linux this weekend. In conclusion I gave up for the time being, deciding my system was good enough for now, and I'd probably better soon switch to a 2013 ThinkPad 440s with twice the RAM, which I happened to get some time after having bought the PinebookPro.

I tried the Manjaro image writer script, and I tried downloading and booting the Manjaro image. First I tried SD cards with my Armbian still on the emmc, which would not boot. I kind of remembered (from my experience one, two years back) that this was probably the u-boot from the SD card trying to boot the system from the emmc (?).

Well, no problem, I thought, since I purchased the emmc to usb adapter some time last year: I'll just write the image straight to the emmc. This did work to some extend: I had u-boot output, the screen would switch to the Manjaro boot logo... and get stuck there. I could press escape and get system messages, though:

Code:
Waiting 10 seconds for device /dev/disk/by-partuuid/57[...] ...
ERROR: device 'PARTUUID=57[...]' not found. Skipping fsck
[not?] mounting 'PARTUUID=57[...]' on real root.
Mount: /new_root: can't find PARTUUID=57[...].
Your are now being dropped into an emergency shell.
?h: Can't access tty; job control turned off
[rootfs ]#

(Sorry, the left of the photo I took from the screen was not entirely readable.)

Strange, I thought, and tried to fix it by taking out the emmc again, and modifying the /etc/fstab on it. I changed the UUIDs for "/boot/" and "/" so they'd correspond to what was shown in "/dev/disk-by-uuid". This made the process get further, with "/" apparently being ok now, but "/boot" still would not get mounted, and so booting still failed, still giving me no keyboard input. The /boot partition UUID was suspiciously short, maybe due to the vfat file system on it.

This was where I had enough for now. I thought I'd still write it down in the forum, so maybe someone can use this feedback to improve the documentation and/ or the software. If someone can point out a simple way of installing a working Linux, I might also try that some time soon.

I read on the forum there's a new Armbian maintainer. Now it is based on Ubuntu, which would be fine with me once 22.04LTS is out.

But what's the right way of installing it? Do I have to "hide" the emmc by either overriding the partition (thus destroying my working system before having an alternative ready), or by taking it out/ disabling it with the hardware switch? The latter is quite annoying, since already my Pinebook case is damaged from: one screw has come through the now widened hole, and I ripped one of the speaker cables out by accident (not terrible, since I'm mostly using an external USB speaker anyways).

Mobian WIki Sidebar Edit
Posted by: biketool - 03-06-2022, 01:52 AM - Forum: Mobian on PinePhone - No Replies

I want to add https://wiki.mobian-project.org/doku.php?id=apps to the wiki's website sidebar under the apps subheading, it is important for daily-driver and it needs to be easily found rather than requiring searching forums.
It might require admin/SU to edit this as I don't find a way to do so.

My Step-Father's new PinePhone Pro will not turn on, all switches are activated.
Posted by: Adam's Throwaway Account - 03-06-2022, 01:32 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (4)

My Step-Father recently got a new PinePhone Pro, and it won't turn it on. No, he isn't some dumb boomer who didn't think to charge the phone, it hasn't turned on for a few days. All of the switches are set to the "ON" position, and he has charged it enough for it to be at 100%. What is he doing wrong, and what can him or I do to fix this issue?

Mobian : Firefox, toolbar has moved to the bottom.
Posted by: grump_fiddle_reinstall - 03-06-2022, 01:27 AM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Software - Replies (1)

On my PinePhone Pro running Mobian the Firefox UI has automagically changed itself. The toolbars, Menu, URL field and buttons are all now at the bottom. I can't find the setting in Firefox to change it back. It is driving me nuts. 

This is only on the PinePhone Pro Firefox on my PinePhone Firefox seems unchanged. Apart from applying available updates I have made no other changes to the OS and Firefox on this device. The PPP has been undated and rebooted this morning. Still no change.

Has there been a change in the files in userChrome, CSS etc that moves the UI elements around? If I know what has been changed then I have a chance of changing it back. Otherwise I can go and get the files created by Aris on Github to customise the Firefox UI and at least get the toolbar back at the top.

Question Possibly dumb question
Posted by: For_lack_of_a_better_name - 03-06-2022, 01:21 AM - Forum: General Discussion of PinePhone Pro - Replies (1)

My phone completely died, so I put it in maskrom mode so that I could charge it. Now I don't know how to get it out of maskrom mode though, what should I do?

manjaro-phosh did make calls -- now nothing
Posted by: tckosvic - 03-05-2022, 01:52 PM - Forum: PinePhone Pro Hardware - Replies (6)

I had manjaro-phosh img beta 22 working quite well with voice, sms, amd mms.  I am using Consumer Cellular (really att) sim card.  I am running from SD.  After a pacman system update all phone calls, sms, amd mms stopped.  Phone says "call completed" from dial as soon as you finsh keying in a dial call.  Sim card is recognized

I have tried a dozen or so OS/desktop software alternatives to the sd card; no change.  I tried arch and mobian OS.  I took sim card out and put the sim card into plain pinephone (not pro) and it made a call.  That eliminates the sim card as a fault for me.

Is there any system modem software (hardware level for modem) that is below that on the OS SD card that could be a cause?  Perhaps something on the eMMC but that is not used.

Only alternative thing I can think of is a modem hardware failure that happened concurrently with the pacman update.  That'd be pretty unlikely, I think.

Anyone with any ideas?????      thanks,      tom kosvic